Serve with the Grilled Cuban Pork Ribs recipe that is also in this cookbook (see page 140). Andrew has a different version of a black bean and corn salad you can also try (see the page after this one). #rachel #andrew #whosewillbebetter #cookbook #hashtags #butseriouslywhydopeopleusethese
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn, defrosted, drained
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped red or white onion
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1+ tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo- sauce (from 7 oz can) (optional – adds spice!)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- Bibb lettuce leaves (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except avocado. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
Stir in avocado just before serving.
Can be served on Bibb lettuce leaves or not.
Recipes Without Pictures
Side Dishes & Sauces