Andrew: this is chili with cheese. You eat it as a warm dip with chips.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil or bacon grease
- 1 small jar pimento (drained, deseeded, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes (1 1/2 tomatoes), drained and chopped (save
- 1 small (4oz) can green chilies (drained, deseeded and chopped)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add chilies and stir. Add seasonings,
tomatoes, and pimento, and simmer gently until blended. Add cheese a
little at a time, and blend until melted. Add a little tomato juice if
needed, to thin for a hot dip.
Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Makes abt. 4 cups
Appetizers & Snacks