Super good except for the mushrooms. Don’t actually use those because they are gross.
- 1 (2 1/2 - 3 1/2 lb.) broiler-fryer chicken, skinned and cut in
serving size pieces (-OR-) 7 thighs, skinned
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
Place all ingredients in a 4 qt. Crock Pot, in the order listed. Cover.
Turn heat control to low, and cook for 7-8 hours or until chicken is
Serve with a side dish of spaghetti and a green salad.
Makes 4-5 servings.